{ art & other musings }

...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Frida Kahlo



Director: Julie Taymor
Writers: Hayden Herrera (book)/ Clancy Sigal (screenplay)
Salma Hayek (Frida Kahlo)
Alfred Molina (Diego Rivera)



Frida: You've got a crowd out there. Half of them think you're the devil, half think you're a hero.
Diego: Tell me honestly what you think.
F: If you lie down with dogs you get fleas.
D: No seriously, this is really frightening me.
F: Why?
D: 'Cause I'm actually wondering if he's right, if perhaps I'm being foolish, risking too much.
F: Diego, you can't loose. Forget about artistic integrity. You've done better ones and you'll do more. But whatever happens you've aroused people. You've made them get passionate about their ideals. There's not a lot of painters in the world who can say that. He could walk in here tommorrow and tear it down and you'd still have won.
[...]
D: I will not compromise my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment