{ art & other musings }

...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Yann Tiersen

"Till The End"
Album: Dust Lane



"In a way, part of the process of Dust Lane gave me a distance, and when I came back to the song I had new ideas, and it was as if I was starting again. I discovered a new way of working because usually I like to work fast, so that's why there are sometimes so many contrasts or different moods in some songs. It's the album I wanted to do from the beginning. Most of my first albums were instrumental [but in Dust Lane] there is no proper song structure and no lead vocals as well. I feel more comfortable with that and use the voices not as an instrument, but as a picture inside the song." - Yann Tiersen

(Source: thegauntlet.ca/a/story/15292)

To keep the enthusiasm for creating, an artist should not care about genres. - Y.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment