{ art & other musings }

...

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Midnight Cowboy

(1969)
Directed by John Schlesinger / Screenplay by Waldo Salt / Based on the novel "Midnight Cowboy" by James Leo Herlihy / Editing by Hugh A. Robertson / Starring Dustin Hoffman & Jon Voight / Produced by Jerome Hellman / Music by John Barry / Cinematography by Adam Holender / Distributed by United Artists

"If most of my films have anything in common it's an interest in human relationships, particularly the more extraordinary and difficult kinds. I find the struggle of characters against the odds terribly interesting. I don't think I could possibly do a film about some sort of brave hero, some Errol Flynn winning the Battle of the Bulge . . . I'd rather do films about smaller people, outcasts." - John Schlesinger

No comments:

Post a Comment